Just Exploring





Little by little we make small things big. Step by step we move forward. Following the right path, the Eightfold path, makes me calm, steady and happy. Did you find yours? Everybody has one, just some must look deeper or look for it longer. Just explore and it will unfold naturally.

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

A day that changed my life for the better.


The day took place back in 1999, it was, in June, 9th June to be precise. I can still vividly recall the memories and feelings that I had on that particular day. The reason why I remember the date is because it is my birthday, but that is not the point.

The reason why this day stand out from the haze of all the other days, I have lived so far, is elswhere. I was on a four week train journey around Spain and had been ther for already a week. Since it was a low budget trip I was quite tired and also fed up with all the tickets arrangements and with all the difficulties one has to face when travelling on one’s own in foreign country. A little discomfort and occasional rush is a daily occurrence.
But not on this day. No, I decided to enjoy it as much as possible. So after I woke up I went straight to the beach. Oh, how much I love hot Mediterranean sun on my skin and sea watter in which to swim! No rush, no train-timetable checking, no misunderstandings with nonenglish speaking Spanish people. No thoughts like where am I going to sleep, or what am I going to eat. Not today. Today is my birth day and I am going to celebrate it! Everything that I am doing, I am doing with absolute consciousness and peace in my heart. Just here and now. I am lying on a beach in a small Spanish coast at town, fully enjoying the richness of the moment. Later on that day I bought my self fresh, juicy tropical fruits, and walked down the street appreciating their unique taste. Simple things like this were giving me unimaginable pleasure.

Nothing more happened, nothing more interesting. So I must explain why it changed my life. Well, it was the first birthday that I really lived through and fully appreciated. The first time I was truly happy with myself. The first time it was no problem being alone and not being lonely. This day helped me to leave behind the teenage depressions and step forward towards a possitve future, and that I call a change!

No comments: